Friday, January 04, 2008

Preparation and Demonstration

As I shared this last Sunday, the Lord is speaking to our church specifically about "Preparation and Demonstration". I believe it's a word for the whole Body of Christ as well. Before the Lord did anything in the earth, there was always a preparation before the demonstration. From Genesis 1:1 through the end of the Book, that's the way He moves. The Lord brought to light the ministry of John the Baptist as a preparation for the ministry of Jesus. John's ministry was given preparation before there was a demonstration or public appearance. God works on the inside and then the outside.

We are the ones called to prepare for the 2nd coming...and the Lord is doing a work in us so He can do one through us. It's with this thought I want to encourage you - BEG YOU if I can - challenge you in the Name of the Lord, to make EVERY EFFORT to make ALL of our services THIS month. Sunday School, Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, Tuesday Prayer, and Wednesday Evening. I'm asking you to MAKE A COMMITMENT - just for this month. See what the Lord will do IN YOU so He can do THROUGH YOU.

I realize that life is busy. I realize that some things are very important. However, I believe the Spirit of God is saying that we are running out of time and that we have got to pull out all stops; set aside every hindrance, every excuse that would keep us from fulfilling God's plan to work in us and through us.

The things the Lord is leading me to do this month - from special speakers (Dave Adams this Sunday morning - a prophet/teacher; John and Becky Polis - the 20th both services, representing the apostolic ministry) to the teaching/preaching the Lord is giving me - it is all for the edification of the Body of Christ and the expansion of the Kingdom of God.

I challenge you in the Name of the Lord - You are the ones God is choosing to prepare the way of the Lord. If He was to follow the path you're making, where would He end up?

See you Sunday!
Pastor Jan

No comments: